Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Inspiration


People often claim that fashion is entirely superficial and unworthy of praise, but I think that's simply an excuse unmotivated people make for not being able to manifest their own personal style. Fashion isn't solely superficial; it requires as valid an artistic vision as any other figure of creativity. Fashion is about perspective, it's about applying one's character to their clothing so that passersby can make accurate internalizations about their tastes. Above all, it's courteous to dress up. Show your community that you respect them enough to honor their presence with an effortful outfit. If you were invited to have tea with the Queen, there's no chance in hell you'd wear a pair of blue jeans because you intrinsically know that it'd be disrespectful. I like to treat everyone I know like the Queen; no one is exempt from having to show their friends and acquaintances that they appreciate them! — Bebe Zeva





A lot of people don't bother dressing up, and I don't like that at all. I don't see how people can wear flip flops downtown, or sweatpants to school (and almost any everywhere else, really). It is always better to be overdressed than underdressed - to any where, for any occasion.

Now is the period of transition between Winter to Spring, and the Spring fever has hit! Strange enough, the weather has been getting pretty cold, even colder than when it snowed I would say, and I am pretty much disliking it. I want warm weather, I want to soak up the sun, I want to go to the beach, and I want to wear high waisted jean shorts and run around!!! I've said this so many times before, but I will say it again, I WANT SUMMER NOW. Another 2+ months and I will be going to Hong Kong, and then back to Singapore! I really can't wait!!!

Another thing I am looking forward to is planning trips with my friends! ^^ It is going to be so fun! I've never travelled with my friends before, but I hope I will be able to travel with them when I get back to Singapore! I wish my daddy would take me with him to London too, but I have no $$$. Oh well, there is always a next time!

For now, I'm going to countdown to the end of school, 1.5 months to the end of school. 2 months to the end of exams! SAY WHAT!!!

Stay safe, x

No comments:

Post a Comment