Friday, July 12, 2013

Questions

Hi everyone,

I have been missing from this space for a while now and I am finally back! I won't make promises or say anything along the lines of "I will blog regularly" anymore... And we all know why! Hahahaha Besides, I have been thinking if this blog was pointless. While others have specific areas they concentrate on while blogging (fashion, food, travel, photography, etc), I am just blogging about everything and anything that comes to mind. But it's my space, and I think I will just leave it as it is, for now!

The last time I was here it was almost 3 months ago, when I was still having my exams. Time flies!!! I remember waiting for the last exam to come and it took FOREVER. And after the exam, I was waiting for my family and boyfriend to come over, which also took FOREVER. But right after they all came over for a holiday (and school for my little bro), it was just like zoom flash boom and now I am already back in Victoria for summer school!

Honestly, I am not liking the fact that I have to study this summer. I am not liking it at all and I want to be back in Singapore with my family and friends. And I miss my boyfriend a hell lot:( He's in some orientation camps now, having a lot of fun and making new friends. I wish he were back here in Canada for holiday or, even better, studying in Canada with me!!!!! I miss him so much, like you wouldn't believe it. But despite really missing home, I will try to make the best out of my summer term and hopefully get good grades. Also there are many things I can look forward to here in Canada! Collecting my car next weekend, meeting Jeremy (the brother) for road trips after summer term, etc!!! Fall term will probably be amazing too, since most of my friends will be back on the island, and my roommate will be back from Korea! But I am really looking forward for winter break, where I get to go home for xmas!!! I am excited to meet ZY back in home (recall, home is where the heart is) Singapore already :)

.

On a completely different note, right now, I am currently very confused about a lot of things. And I am really afraid that what I have already decided upon are wrong decisions.

In particular, I don't know if I want an Economics degree any more. I do like Economics, but I am not sure if I want to do it for the rest of my life. 2 years into the Economics program and I have to remember a lot of things I don't want to remember and wish I never have to remember after I take the final exam. I know I probably want to be doing something else, but I don't know what. I don't know where I will end up in future. I asked a couple of my friends for advise, how they knew what they wanted to do, or how they know they want to be in the program that they are already in. Most said that they were interested in their own programs, or were inspired by someone, or already had ideals they wanted to meet. In return, one of them asked me, "Well, what do you see yourself as?" Honestly, I told my friend that I don't know. I don't see myself being anything in particular, I don't know what I want to do...yet. I know that I will figure it all out one day, but when is that day going to come? I don't want to be wasting all this education money here studying Economics if Economics isn't what I really want to be studying. But I don't even know what I want to be so I can't even start looking up other courses and see if I can switch somehow.

I don't want to let my parents down and I hope that I can make my decision as soon as possible, before I have to declare my major at the university.

If anyone has advice, leave a comment, I would gladly like to hear (or see) it.


XX

No comments:

Post a Comment